Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Lifted Veil!

Exercise on guessing what women think
Since I cant figure out what women think in real life I doubt this will even be close.

Red-haired Woman - "I wish that camera man would stop drooling. He looks like he has never seen a beautiful woman before. It's disgusting. God what a pain to have to spend all this time looking this good just to have a bunch of losers fawn over me."

Blonde-haired Woman- "I was NOT ready for this picture. Nobody told me we were taking pictures today! I didn't have a chance to do my hair the way I wanted or put on a good top or anything! I hope nobody important sees this."

Well apparently the blonde woman is J.K. Rowling and she probably isn't as shallow as my fake thought process made her seem, so just like I thought I still have no idea what women are thinking.

The Lifted Veil
Latimer convinces himself he has preternatural power from his first vision of Prague right after the first time he is sick. He goes and proves he is correct. Or is he? I feel like there is a possibility that he is merely convincing himself of it, when in fact it is not true. Perception is reality, and thus if he perceives he is correct he can convince himself of it. An example of that is when you want someone to be something, you project what you want onto them. He can't read Bertha's mind, but is that a choice because he doesn't want to take the fun out of it or because he can't?
"A person who is totally self-centered will hold complete cruel sway over a person who is of kinder disposition and craves kindness and attention. Seeking the approval of those who sneer the most."

He thinks something can change her and that it is him. This could be linked to how intimidating his father was when he was young, and the reassurance he never got as a child. His mother worshiped him, and then she died. That caused distance for Latimer, and he wants that connection back. He feels cursed/destined/fated to be special. Similar to Satan in Paradise Lost and Victor in Frankenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment